1. do not have a solid understanding of fractions, decimals, percents and the other concepts covered in a traditional pre-algebra program.
2. do not like math
3. have used any another math program up to 7th grade level
4. have used Saxon Math or Teaching Textbooks up to and including the Pre-Algebra books.
We highly recommend that you consider going through the Life of Fred Pre-Algebra books before starting Life of Fred Beginning Algebra. This will prepare you to grasp the concepts in the High School level books with far greater ease.
1. have finished the Life of Fred PreAlgebra books
2. have used another algebra program.
3. have used Saxon Math Algebra 1 and/or 2.
You are ready to start Beginning Algebra. Beginning Algebra and Advanced Algebra cover more algebra than almost any other curriculum, particularly those used by home educators. It also teaches algebra in a different order than most other programs. As a result, it is beneficial to go through both books, even if your student has already had algebra instruction.