A yearlong course for grades 8 and up.
Latin Alive! Book 2 continues the relevant, rigorous, and incremental Latin instruction begun in Latin Alive! Book 1. The Latin Alive! series features original Latin writings, giving students access to the works of great Latin authors. As the second text in a three-year series, Latin Alive! Book 2 is an entry point to advanced grammatical studies.
- Latin Alive! Book 2 contains 33 weekly chapters, including 6 review chapters.
- The book reviews the grammar of Latin Alive! Book 1 and introduces the passive voice in all tenses; past, present, and future participles; deponent and irregular verbs; and comparative and superlative adjectives and adverbs.
- Each chapter begins with a country’s Latin motto strategically chosen to introduce or review a grammatical concept.
- Extensive study of Latin derivatives and stories of Roman culture, myths, and history make Latin come alive, even in our modern world.
- Substantial Latin readings and translation exercises adapted from Latin literature continues to prepare students for the National Latin Exam and an Advanced Placement Latin course.
Streaming option of videos are availble for purchase here: https://classicalacademicpress.com/products/latin-alive-book-2-video-audio?variant=31760164913223