A yearlong course for students in grades 6-7
Latin for Children Primer C is the third and final level in the Latin for Children series. Like Primer A and Primer B before it, Latin for Children Primer C is engaging, incremental, and easy to use.
Full program includes:
1.Latin for Children Primer C (consumable student edition and workbook).
- Students will learn more than 250 new vocabulary words and study more advanced grammar concepts, including the fourth and fifth noun declensions and additional verb tenses, adjectives, and adverbs.
- Lessons include a plethora of mnemonic aids (songs, chants) that enable students to learn vocabulary and grammar with ease and delight.
- Exercises, quizzes, a thrilling adventure story, and a useful reference section are also included.
- The primer provides clear explanations of grammar in every chapter, written at the student’s level.
- Latin for Children Primer C, now printed in full color, has been enhanced with beautiful illustrations as well as images and paintings from the Golden Age of Pirates. An exciting adventure story has also been added.
- Students will follow Marcus and Julia as they try to rescue their beloved island hometown after it is invaded by a dangerous group of pirates.
- The chapter-by-chapter Latin grammar sequence remains the same as previous versions. Students will love studying Latin even more as they use this newly revised and improved edition.
2. Latin for Children Primer C Answer Key.
- This teacher’s tool features actual, full-size pages from the primer, with answers to quizzes, exercises, and worksheets in bold print.
- This key corresponds with the newly revised edition of the primer and also includes a suggested weekly schedule. Old editions of the primer and answer key are not compatible with this newly revised edition (though the grammar is taught in the same sequence).
3. Latin for Children Primer C Video & Audio (or 3-DVD & 2-CD Set).
- The Primer C Video, now in high-definition, offers valuable teaching and guidance by author Dr. Christopher Perrin.
- Each lesson (approximately 20–25 minutes) corresponds to the weekly chapter in Latin for Children Primer C and features the chanting and singing of vocabulary (in both the classical and ecclesiastical pronunciations), including noun declensions and verb conjugations, and clear grammatical explanations.
- The video can be used to prep the teacher for the lesson, to help a student catch up on a missed lesson, to help a student maintain or catch up over the summer, or as a substitute when the teacher is absent.
- The audio files feature Latin students pronouncing and rhythmically repeating each vocabulary word and grammar chart in the primer—first the Latin, then the English equivalent.
- These chants are an incredible tool to use for fun memorization and contain all 250+ vocabulary words in both the classical and ecclesiastical pronunciations.
- Take them wherever you go!
- Old editions of DVD/CD Set are not compatible with this newly revised edition (though the grammar is taught in the same sequence).
4. Latin for Children Primer C Activity Book! (consumable).
- Following the chapters of Primer C, in Latin for Children Primer C Activity Book! students will encounter a Latin meteor strike and a shattering earthquake, have a backyard BBQ, enter into a water fight, play the tuba, investigate a crime scene, execute Hollywood special effects, charm snakes, help find stolen museum artwork, and more—all while studying Latin!Includes the reproducible group game Fossa Vasta™ (“The Big Dig”) in which students hunt for buried treasure.
- Answers are included in the back of the book.
5. Latin for Children Primer C History Reader (consumable).
- Young Latin scholars can translate and read, in Latin that is at their level, a selection of 32 stories about the New World explorers and early American history.
- The Latin stories in this volume are in parallel with the Veritas History Curriculum (card series) and integrated with the grammar and vocabulary of Latin for Children Primer C.
- The history reader stories have been revised, but the revisions do not affect the reader’s compatibility with the student edition.
Note: Old editions of the primer, answer key, or teaching video (both DVD and streaming) are not compatible with this newly revised edition (though the grammar is taught in the same sequence). You may be eligible to trade in these 3 items for the revised versions; please click here for more information. The activity book and history reader are still compatible with either version of the student text.