Life of Fred Ice Cream
4 in stock
Look how far you have come! Life of Fred Ice Cream is the second last book in the elementary maths series! You can also jump into this day in his life not having done the others, but his story is so much fun, you won't want to miss out. So if you want to find out the cardinality of the set of all ice cream flavours that begin with the letter Alpha, be sure to get this book which covers beginning mathematics including . . .
- The big question in (and one reason for) arithmetic
- Multiplying two-digit numbers
- The last ten multiplication facts
- How to remember 7 X 8 = 56
- Sigma Notation
- Bar graph, slope of a line and plotting points on a graph
- Ordered pairs
- Elapsed time
- Why algebra does not use the X sign
- Minutes and hours in the Metric System
- Perimeter and the area of a rectangle
- Hooke's Law
- Estimating and changing scale on a graph
- Counting back change
- The commutativity of set union
- Less Than (<) and greater than (>)
A good dose of real life thrown in...
You and your children will learn so much more about language, science, history ad geography! For instance, Fred will teach you about one use of poetry, the difference between stationery vs. stationary and business letters vs. personal letters.
How to polish leather shoes, why to use soap and why you should par your car on the sidewalk will also be woven into this delightful maths curriculum which contains more maths that we have ever seen in a maths curriculum.
The book is non-consumable which means you will use it with more than one child and the answers are included in the textbook. Once you have completed Life of Fred, Ice Cream, you are ready to enjoy Life of Fred, Jelly Beans.